SPECIFICATIONS AND INSTALLATION
Superior Concrete Products is NPCA certified
Since 1986, Superior Concrete Products, Inc. has manufactured and installed SUPERIOR-LEDGESTONE™, SUPERIOR-COBBLESTONE™, SUPERIOR-WOOD PLUS™, SUPERIOR-BRICK™, SUPERIOR-FENCE™ and SUPERIOR-RAIL™ wall systems from offices in Arlington, Texas. These precast concrete systems are produced using patented molding equipment and proprietary manufacturing techniques. They are specified as fences of choice by a growing number of architects, residential and commercial builders, contractors, municipal and state governments, and others in the construction industry.
Superior Concrete provides design engineering services for every job. The color, strength, texture and size of wall system components can be custom designed to project specifications prior to manufacture. Soil testing and evaluation, fence design and architectural consulting are available services. Finishing treatments, including combining a Superior wall system with wrought iron, masonry columns, and gates of choice, can be incorporated.
Installation of Superior Concrete wall systems is quick and clean. Superior will handle all aspects of the installation process. Posts are set into piers drilled five feet apart. The posts are aligned, leveled and anchored in concrete footings, similar to other types of fence posts. Precast panels are inserted into and down the posts' tracks. The bottom panel keys into and is supported by the footing around each post. Additional panels interlock and stack in one foot increments. Panel caps complete the installation. Post caps are included with SUPERIOR-BRICK™, SUPERIOR-COBBLESTONE™ and SUPERIOR-LEDGESTONE™.
- Screening/Sound wall systems and Split Rail fence systems.
- Decorative reinforced precast concrete modular component systems.
- Screening and sound walls include posts, panels and caps. Split rail fences include posts and rails.
- Precast concrete shall have a minimum compression strength of 5,000 psi @ 28 days.
- Fiberglas and steel reinforced components. All reinforcing steel shall conform to ASTM - A615, Grade 60. All ties and stirrups shall conform to the requirements of ASTM -A 615, Grade 40.
- Systems manufactured in integrally colored earth tones. Custom, white and premium colors are available.
- Systems are anchored to ground by poured concrete piers, 5' on-center (wall systems) and 8' on-center (SUPERIOR-FENCE and rail systems). A continuous foundation/footing running the length of the wall is not required.
- Method of post attachment to concrete footing/pier shall be by embedment in poured concrete. Depth of concrete pier, and embedment of post shall be as shown on Shop Drawing.
- Pier depth varies with soil conditions, wind load and fence height.
- Loading: Wind loading and surcharge loads, will be applied to the panels, columns, and foundation components per local building code requirements.
- Wall system:
- SUPERIOR-LEDGESTONE™, SUPERIOR-BRICK™ and SUPERIOR-WOOD PLUS™ wall systems with heights up to 15'. SUPERIOR-FENCE wall system with heights up to 8'.
- Panels, posts and caps to have same texture on both sides.
- SUPERIOR-LEDGESTONE™ stacked stone.
- SUPERIOR-BRICK™ classic brick.
- SUPERIOR-WOOD™ horizontal lap-wood.
- SUPERIOR-FENCE - vertical or horizontal ãcedar" look
- Includes decorative textured panel caps and post caps (SUPERIOR-BRICK, SUPERIOR-COBBLESTONE and SUPERIOR-BRICK only).
- Posts are set five feet apart (maximum). SUPERIOR-FENCE posts are set eight feet apart.
- Posts shall have a typical cross sectional dimension of 5'"as measured from face-to-face.
- Panels shall have typical dimensions of 56 5/8" long by 12" high by 1" wide at its maximum dimension.
- Rail system:
- SUPERIOR 2-RAIL™ (3' high from grade to top of post), SUPERIOR 3-RAIL™ (4' high from grade to top of post) and SUPERIOR 4-RAIL™ (5' high from grade to top of post).
- Posts and rails have ãwood" texture on both sides.
- Posts are set eight feet apart (maximum).
- Posts have a typical cross sectional dimension of 5" as measured from face-to-face.
- Rails have typical dimensions of 7'-10 3/4" long by 5 1/2" high by 2 1/4" wide.
- Versatility - heights as needed and easily modified to meet a wide range of wind loads and special requirements,
- Reliability- High-strength high-performance concrete (5,000 psi @ 28 days),
- Durability - Engineered to last, improved reinforcement,
- Quality - National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA) ãCertified" factory - only 60 factories in the US are similarly certified,
- Expertise - Prestressed/Precast Concrete Industry (PCI) ãCertified" technical team,
- Assurance - Quality controlled manufacturing, and
- Local Content - products manufactured in the USA.
SUPERIOR-LEDGESTONE shall have a new and improved tongue and groove panel interlocks, which may result in the appearance of grooves between panels